Thank you for your interest in getting Xander Friends to all the children in foster care in your county. Complete this Inquiry Form when you have read this blog in its entirety and are ready to join the grassroots Xander Movement.
Thanks for your interest in rescuing kids and to restoring families! We are so humbled to have come up with an idea that brings such therapy to kids in trauma, that encourages those on the front lines of the rescue, and that brings awareness and mobilizes communities.
We at Lavender Life Company
, are passionate about rescuing kids at risk. By producing & selling multiple, excellent lavender products for all ages (including culinary, apothecary, & skin care), God has lead us to create an engine to mobilize others in the mission to give a warmable, lavender-filled Xander Friend (Bunny, Dog or Cat) to all 440,000+ children in foster care, and to encourage those on the front lines rescuing kids. We do this through our BUY-a-Xander Friend-We-Give-a-Xander Program, named after grandson Xander, who entered the family as a 2-yr-old child in foster care. Lavender helps lessen anxiety, improves sleep and provides calming therapy for children in foster care going through traumatic transitions. Xander helped stuff the first bunnies we sold and was so helped by his bunny, that we decided right away to donate one to a child in foster care for each one we sold. We hire young adults who have aged out of the foster care system when we can. Since our online store opened in April of 2018, Lavender Life Company has donated 85,426 Xander Friends to more than 58 Xander Community Partners in 256 counties in 30 states and 6 different countries (see where we have donated).
Since January 1,2020, we have been propelling our donations through Xander Community Partnerships, many of which are church/faith/based, that are committed to "adopt" their county in the Xander Friend Project. We are looking to develop more Partners everywhere. Our next season of sending out donations will be in August, September & October 2023. A Xander Bunny Community Partner is committing to:
1. Connecting with ALL foster and/or kinship care agencies in their county (We recognize that not all agencies, though it is rare, will be willing to accept Xander Friends);
2. Ascertain the #'s of children entering the foster and/or kinship care system each month, and total #'s served annually;
3. Receive Xander kits for the entire year for children in foster and/or kinship care only, for those agencies that want Xander Friends. Quantities 300+ will be shipped on pallets (up to 600 Xanders/pallet- up to 650 lbs).
4. Put the kits together (stuff lavender pouch in bunny; and place in the backpack) - approximately 2 minutes/Xander;
5. Deliver to ALL agencies that want them, as they need them; &
6. Freight shipments ($.70-2.25/ea Xander, depending on volume and distance shipped) is a cost picked up by a community partner, and often sponsors pick up this cost ( Shipments may also be picked up on the farm in west Michigan). We can get you a freight quote - email Vic@lavender-life.com.
6. Spread the word - it benefits us all to help spread the word of the Xander Friend Project, for we are only able to donate one for each one sold. It's just us 9 and an army of volunteers!
Perhaps sponsors/donors could get involved, in a big way. Though we feel as much compassion for kids at risk in hospitals, homeless shelters, temporary storm shelters etc, as we do for kids in foster care, we are a small company and have to keep our mission focused to reaching the over 440k kids in foster care. We, however could envision someone buying bunnies for all of the kids in a cancer ward, and a match would go to a child in foster care as an example. This is not a requirement for a Community Partner, however.
As Leigh Ann Luttrell in, Jacksonville, Florida reports, "These bunnies are so much more than a philanthropic gesture - they are bringing hope, peace and collaboration to an entire system that is broken and in despair."
Are you aware of a church or a group that could be a Xander Friend Community Partner that we could donate to regularly in the future? Do you have any ideas as how to spread the word, to increase sales in your area, so we can secure donations? Send me any questions or ideas that you may have.
Thank you again, for your role and interest in the rescue of the many Xanders out there! If you are interested in taking on your entire county, complete this Xander Community Partner Inquiry Form. Starting in 2023, we will be concentrating August, September and October as our Xander Donation Months, in which we prep and send out shipments. This allows us to better plan for product and volunteer groups on our end. Together, we can bring awareness of a great need in our communities, and together we CAN get a Xander Friend in the hands of all 440,000+ children in foster care, reminding them they ARE loved and NOT alone.
Jean Smiley - Mission Coordinator - Lavender Life Company