Lavender Recipes- Sweet & Savory!
When done right, culinary lavender can provide a unique and delightful richness to both sweet and savory dishes.
Lavender is the most versatile herb, yet we may often neglect considering it in the kitchen, for fear of an overpowering floral presence in our food. Some pointers to consider to prevent a perfumed culinary experience include:
Sweet & savory, try these two festive recipes straight from our own Lavender Life Company kitchen!
Lavender -Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Using excellent ingredients is key to these decadent, lightly-floral truffles.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 Tbs. Lavender Infused Honey
- 1 Tbs Lavender Extract
- 1 -12 oz bag Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips
- 1 -12 oz bag Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- A pinch of sea salt flakes
- A pinch of Lavender Herb
- Heat heavy cream in sauce pan.
- Add 4 Tablespoons Lavender Infused Honey
- Remove from Heat
- Add 1 -12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- Stir until completly melted
- Add Lavender Extract, and stir until combined.
- Pour onto cookie sheet and refrigerate until semi-solid- approx. 1 hour.
- Remove from cooling, scoop with melon baller & roll with hand into small balls.
- Return to the refrigerator.
- Heat dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl - 1 minute on high in microwave until melted.
- Retrieve the chilled ganache balls from the fridge.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate & place on wire dripping rack or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a FEW lavender buds and/or sea salt flakes on each before it hardens.
Lavender/Lemon/Thyme Chicken Skillet Recipe
A beautifully rich one-dish meal!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup white wine or chicken stock
6 skinless-boneless chicken breasts (or 8 thighs)
1 tsp Lavender Infused Honey
A pinch of Lavender Herb
1 medium sweet onion (or 2 shallots), thinly sliced
1 lemon - zested
8 oz of cooked pasta (penne, rotini, fusilli work great!)
1/2 cup of grated parmesan
Salt & pepper to taste
- Zest the lemon and set aside.
- Heat medium to large heavy skillet on medium heat & then add olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts & cook untouched - uncovered for 14 minutes.
- Sauté the onion between the chicken breasts.
- Flip the chicken & cook untouched - uncovered for another 14 minutes.
- Remove the chicken & onions and set aside.
- Prepare the pasta as directed.
- Add wine or chicken stock to the skillet, scraping to loosen all of the caramelized bits in the pan.
- Add thyme, lavender, heavy cream & honey.
- Return the chicken and onions to the pan, cover & simmer on low for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Combine slightly drained-cooked pasta to the skillet & stir.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 of the lemon over the chicken and garnish with lemon zest.
- Serve with sprinkled parmesan