Lavender Cookies for Santa!
Christmas Eve is just a few days away, which means Santa is gearing up for his busy night of deliveries all over the world. And while he might enjoy snacking on sherry with mince pies that children leave out for him in Australia, or rice porridge in Sweden, or even a pint of Guinness beer in Ireland…Santa can always count on a plate of fresh cookies with milk when making his stops in the United States.
We’ve got a perfect “twist” on this traditional holiday confection – and we guarantee Santa won’t be the only one who will devour these tasty treats. So step up your cookie game and try this amazing recipe featuring - of course - lavender! The soothing fragrance alone will have your mouth watering…not to mention the sweet, smooth glaze that perfectly balances the shortbread cookie. And made with our culinary lavender products! (Santa will love this unique cookie so much, he just might leave you a few extra gifts!)
These Lavender Cookies will be a hit during the holidays and all year long.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp lavender extract
- 1 tsp lavender leaves
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease 2 lined baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a blender, combine eggs, butter, sugar and lavender leaves. Blend on low until well combined and the lavender has broken up into small pieces.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir together until combined. Drop dough onto the greased baking sheets, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, lavender extract and water, stirring until it forms a smooth frosting. Once the cookies are cool, spread them with a thin layer of icing and garnish with a few dried lavender flowers.